LOVE ASKS?...



What if I fall in love?...
What if I find myself wanting to belong to you?...
What if you leave your mark on me?...

Will you catch me - save me from my fall?...
Will you call me yours - be your one?...
Will you stay - will you remain, or will you fade away?...

What if I'm the first to say "I love you"?...
What if I lower my walls?...
What if I take the risk?...

Will you say it back?...
Will you protect my heart - will I still be safe?...
Will it work out - are you worth the jump?...

What if I tell you what I'm feeling?...
What if I confess to things I'm not "supposed to" say?...
What if I tell you I'm gay?...

Will you listen?...
Will you even understand what I'm saying or will I just vainly say a lot of words?...
Will you get mad - will I lose you?...

What if I'm asking for a lot?...
What if all these "could be's" just exist in my head?...
What if I can't have you?...

Will you try to meet me in the middle - try to answer my questions?...
Will you feed my hope - that maybe, just maybe, it could actually be?...
Will you still leave - even after I tell you I don't want you to go?...

What if I'm just a human?...
What if I don't know better?...
What if I still want what I know I can't have?...

Will you see me as the human I am - flawed, innocent and vulnerable as I come?...
Will you extend me grace?...
Will you ask me...

Who says you can't have what you want?



Comments

Popular Posts