Part 4 : Religiously provocative



It was sin
Both heaven and hell could agree
How you moved...
Held my skin like I was an angel
And you had no intentions to be a saint
Yet there I was
Calling you by your name "Daddy"
xxx
Of angels and demons
Saints and sinners 
I couldn't decipher what presence you were
Some days you came bearing a halo - innocence the only thing around you
Other days the horns on your head couldn't hide - and darkness's never been darker
I saw it all...
Death in your kiss, felt heaven in your grips and still loved you despite your many sins 
You're not perfect, but neither am I
xxx
Maybe one day we'll stand in church...
You and I,
Hand in hand with everyone else behind our backs
Right up there - where people go to make an oath between man and God
I'll say it all, surrender it all and give you my all - to be yours, in this life and the next 
I'll pledge loyalty, affection, passion and my devoted attention
Look you in the eyes as I say "Yes, I do"

Comments

Popular Posts