Part two


To love myself
I just looked at him
Staring into the mirror
Tried to make out a smile- didn't work
I looked at his eyes- Had a lot going on but generally just sad and tired
And I asked him
Why is it hard to love myself?
It's almost as if I'm the one who doesn't want the best for me
And something's growing- I donno if it's fear spreading or a realisation forming
I'm not self-sufficient...
I'm failing myself
And I'm allowing people to fail me too
But I'm looking at me in the mirror
And my eyes are beginning to water
I'm aware that I've been through a lot- still in the process of figuring and sorting out stuff
And I know how the man standing infront the mirror is trying...
He's trying to keep me standing
He's holding me from the inside- one heartbeat at a time
Breathing- helping me make a choice to choose life while I'm still alive
And as I look me in my eyes...
I tell me "I love you"
And as hard as it is,I want to be there for myself, support myself and cheer for myself-one thought,one decision and one day at a time.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts