OKAY




To the soul searching for itself...
To the heavy eyes that can't see through the tears,
To the broken heart that still beats,
To the lips that can't remember the last time they smiled,
To the heaving chest trying it's best to keep breathing,
To the tired hands...tired- tired of holding on 
To my 19 year old self trying to find my place 
Space inside the mess in my own head
From the voices inside
To the songs that keep me together
This is to the confusion
All the moments of chaos
To the exhaustion,the drama
Here's to my over-...
Over-thinking, over- analysing, over-sensitivity
This is me acknowledging that I feel way too much and I don't know how not to:
Constantly attack my sanity,
Brew pots of fear inside my mind,
Garden flowers of insecurity around my heart...
I end up sabotaging myself as a means to protect myself from disappointments,
Take back control of the narrative,
Hurt myself on your behalf so it won't hurt that bad
I'd rather have myself to blame since I dread the memories your name comes bearing ...
Lately my 21 year old self's been laying more in bed,
Thinking how I'm a mess
Now I'm just amused how older me doesn't know any better 
I don't fold under pressure - I fall
I don't punch walls - I push back on them hard as I'm crying on the floor
And no I'm not strong - I don't even identify with the word anymore
I don't say much but the screams in my head are loud 
My thoughts shout things I can't talk about 
I tend to lose myself when shit doesn't make sense
Say false "I'm okays" because what's the difference...
What would you do when I told you...
I'm not okay.



Comments

Popular Posts